It is time to vote in the new 2011/2012 BruSton committee.
Date: Wednesday 30th March 2011
Location: Building 29 Room 1101 (Chemistry Building)
For those interested in running for the positions, please provide us with your details to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th March 2011, 11.59 pm.
We are looking for a President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Sports Officer, Social Officer, Religious Officer and Public Relations Officer.
We encourage current second year students as well as first year students to get involved in the society. If no one runs the society next year, there won't be an official BruSton society recognized by the University anymore. So please take the responsibility and time to become part of the society. Thank You!
Below are theBruSton Committee Responsibilities:
• Figurehead of Society to all external interests.
• Responsible for other tasks that do not come under the jurisdiction of other committee members
• Maintain accounts of the Society to be made available for examination at the Annual General Meeting and by the Societies Department Committee
• Funds spent by Society must follow Union regulations and be authorised by the Treasurer and the President
• Keep minutes of Society meetings to be made available to Societies Department Committee
• Deal with all communications on behalf of Society and its committee
• Produce and maintain a list of all members, including up to date contact details, to be made available to officers and committee of the Society
4. Religious Officer:
• Organise Friday prayers for Muslim members
• Interact with Islamic Society and other Muslim societies to hold religious events and strengthen ties between Muslims in Southampton
• Recite prayers for meetings and events
• Organise celebrations of Muslim religious holidays
5. Social Officer:
• Organise gatherings, mixers and social events
• Deal with student welfare matters
6. Public Relations Officer:
• Responsible for all marketing of the Society including flyers, Society website and Bunfight
• Handle the ordering of and distribution of Society merchandise which includes hoodies and polo shirts
7. Sports Officer:
• Set up BruSton sports teams for intersociety matches within the University of Southampton and with Bruneian societies from other UK universities
• Organise friendly sports matches between societies and/or between Society members